Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A post from the apathetic monster...

Posted by | |

All my life, I have been known to go completely apathetic in unfavorable situations. So of course this week, if a nuclear bomb was going to hit BYU, I would shrug it off and go along my merry way. The problem is that when I turn apathetic, I lose my mind, do and say things that I shouldn’t say, and then end up hurting one of my friends.

Yesterday I had a big final I had to take, so studying initiated my general apathy toward the world. After six hours on campus, I finally get home and the one thing I want to do is to have a crazy make-out. So I text my what-ever-he-is and he doesn’t respond for two hours, and when he does respond he says that he has plans and then will probably just go to sleep. That is when I realized how pointless getting with this guy is… and it doesn’t help that I can’t make my mind up about him. Sometimes I really like him and would just like to tear off his clothes, but other times I just want to stab him in the neck with a fork.

Then my best friend up here lets me know that she just got back from a date with this guy she has been talking to for about a month. The problem is that she is moving three states away, and so dating him has just been for fun. But last night she told me that, “I’m not falling for him, but I am definitely tumbling.” So of course I respond with, “You’re moving.” She then blows up in my face, and I keep fueling the fire because that’s what I do when I am apathetic. My apathetic alter-ego just wants everyone to hate me. Then she tells me that her date told her that he loves her, which she found sweet. I personally think that telling her he loves her is premature because they have been on three dates and have been talking for only a month, and telling her he loves her is totally a way to keep her from moving. When I told Tal this… well she wasn’t happy.

I knew that I should have just smiled and said, “That’s nice Tal. How do you feel?” But instead, I went off on a rant about how him saying he loves her is stupid and how she is settling for the first guy to come along since her last boyfriend. I realize that she is older than the average age to get married and so she is trying to find somebody… anybody, but I would hate for her to settle for this guy just because he said he loves her after a few dates. I’m just worried for her I guess.

Oh, and I never got my make-out. I waited for some type of clue as to if I was going over or not… never got anything. I’d really like to stab somebody in the neck with a fork today.