Friday, April 15, 2011

Finals, Munchies, and Amnesia.

Posted by | |

So it is finals week… actually it is my third week of finals, but this is the last stretch before I walk, take an English class, and then actually get my diploma. Really this semester is about to kill me because the next two finals I take I have to get rather decent grades on to pass. It’s bizarre because I am getting A’s in all my other classes but these two just seem to be killing me. But I know that
recently I have been slacking off with studies for those classes.

It’s all because of a boy. I guess he is actually a man because he is in his late twenties and is finishing Grad School, but whatever he is… he is something in my life. He contacted me on facebook and I approved him because I never turn down people unless they are obviously prostitutes from Sweden, but he seemed nice and I approved. From there it turned to dinner and he turned out to be the most intriguing guy I have met in a long time. He ate crusty bread and drank red wine, we talked about music, and we said goodnight, nothing special. Then, I started going over to his house when he would get home from work… midnight. We’d watch movies, he’d smoke pot, and he’d get the munchies. The usual. Too bad that this has been the happening for the last three weeks: movies, pot, munchies. Every once and again I will feel a spark, but sometimes I feel his drug use is less recreational and more self-medicating than what he says it is, and that scares me.

My friends despise him although they have yet to meet him. I assume this is mostly because he is rather different than any guy they would imagine me with, but they also aren’t too pro about the fact that his weed usage makes it so that he doesn’t remember anything that was said between the two of us. That also bothers me: Both the fact that my friends don’t like him and that he doesn’t remember me.

Writing all this down makes it seem like I am in one heck of a situation…