Monday, April 4, 2011

I Am No Poet

Posted by | |

So my writer friend has become obsessed with this weird form of poetry. It essentially follows a template and tells you exactly what to write. She has had quite some success with this form of poetry, so I thought I would try it out. It’s not anything special, and don’t hop to conclusions:

His eyes are deep pools
I’m afraid mine will become deep from a kiss.
Burning, glowing, acrid, fleeting.
Lips, taste of poison.
Juliet in Verona.
I go in for a taste.
Hover, stop, retreat.
My legs are janky;
Therefore, I must be clumsy.
Is this feeling three sheets to the wind?
This ever-present taste of crime.
Anxiety tastes so sweet.
I breathe in.
Lush, you’ve got yourself in quite deep this time.
And then haunted with guilt.
Chaotic silence.
And I will go further than Armstrong!
Nire aerolabangailua aingirez beteta dago.
The smoke waves goodbye,
and I’m still looking into those pools.


For the template, use this website: http://www.spynets.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9280
Write your own.